The Governors of Oxspring Primary School are elected as a legal requirement in order for the school to be effective and successful. There are currently 12 members of the Governing Body.
The chair of the Governing Body is Mrs Pam Heggie.
The vice chair is Mr Mike Cassidy
Our governors are a well informed and committed group of people with varying professional backgrounds and experiences, who work closely with Mrs Irwin, the Headteacher, to serve the school and foster its aims. They are all actively involved in many aspects of school life, and are committed to the development of Oxspring Primary School. They are entrusted to maintain and develop our school’s distinctive character, where each child is valued and provided with a welcoming, safe, happy and stimulating community environment, conducive to the best possible learning outcomes.
Please follow this link to find the DFE governance handbook.
Any communications for the Governing Body should be addressed to:
The Chair of the Governors, c/o Oxspring Primary School, Sheffield Road, Oxspring, Sheffield, S36 8YW.
What is the role of a Governor?
In the 2015 Governors Handbook, Lord John Nash, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for School, says:
“I recognise the dedication of the hundreds of thousands of volunteers who serve as school governors. They invest a huge amount of good-will and hard work in our education system. The significance of governing bodies’ role has in the past been under-valued. Governing bodies are the key strategic decision makers and vision setters in every school and academy. They are also a key part of the overall system for school accountability. Governing bodies have a vital role to play in driving up school and pupil performance and ensuring that resources are used well to give every child the best possible education.”
The full Governors’ Handbook can be downloaded from the DFE Governor’s Handbook Page.
Below are official documents relating to the Board of Governors. Each is a PDF and opens in a new window. Alternatively, please right-click a link a to save to your computer.
- Oxspring Primary Governor Handbook – currently under development.
- Annual Statement
- Attendance at Committee Meetings (Finance and Premises)
- Attendance at Committee Meetings (Staffing, Standards and Curriculum)
- Attendance at Committee Meetings (Full Governors Meetings)
- Attendance Policy
- List of Governors (2014 – 2015)
- Anti Bullying Policy
- SEND Policy
- Register of Interests
- What Does a Governor Do?
- Statement of Behaviour Principles
- Attendance at committee meetings: Finance & Planning 2015-2016
- Attendance at commttee meetings: Strategic Assessment & Monitoring 2015-2016
- Attendance at committee meeting: Standards, Staffing and Curriculum 2015-2016
- Attendance Complaints Appeals Committee 2015-16
- Oxspring Primary School terms of reference committee Complaints
- Oxspring Primary School terms of reference committee pupil discipline
- Oxspring Primary School terms of reference committee SAM
- Oxspring Primary School terms of reference committee staff dismissal
- Oxspring Primary School terms of reference finance and premises commitee
- Oxspring Primary School terms of reference staffing standards and curriculum
- PUPIL DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE attendance 2015-16
- STAFF DISMISSALS COMMITTEE attendance 2015-16
Meet the Governors
Mrs P. Heggie
Co - Chair
Mr M. Cassidy
Mrs S. Irwin
Mrs G Mahoney
Mr C. Gratton-Rayson
Ms M. Jowett
Mrs L Schofield
Mrs H. Sparks
Miss M. Hollingworth
Local Authority Governor
Mrs S Stanger
Mr R Abdy
Mr P West