Ethos and Vision
To create a school community where children participate, excel and are proud of their achievements.
We are committed to achieving excellent standards of academic achievement for our pupils. In addition, we aim to develop kind, responsible and independent children.
At Oxspring Primary School we aim to:
- To promote high standards of achievement for all learners, in all subjects
- To develop and instill key life skills and values in our pupils
- To encourage positive relationships and communications between home, our community and the wider world
To promote high standards of academic achievement for all learners, in all subjects we will:
- develop active learners, where all learning styles are celebrated
- provide vibrant exciting learning environments
- deliver a stimulating, thematic approach to teaching
- recognise all achievements
- encourage a sense of personal achievement, pride in work and high self-esteem
- offer a wide range of enrichment opportunities and experiences.
To develop and instill key life skills and values in our pupils we will:
- increase confidence, a sense of responsibility and independence
- promote a respect for themselves and others
- value the contributions of all
- develop the concept of right and wrong and encourage the highest possible standards of behaviour
- use and apply academic and social skills in a range of situations
To encourage positive relationships and communications between home, our community and the wider world we will:
- nurture and encourage personal aspirations
- recognise that everyone can make a difference in the world
- ensure that we are all working to a common goal
- understand that education is a 3 way process between child, home and school
- be an accessible and welcoming learning community
- have respect for and understanding of others’ beliefs and ways of life.
What our pupils would like you to see when you look around our school:
We all learn together and help each other.
We are individuals and learn in different ways.
Everyone learns in fun and exciting lessons.
We celebrate our different gifts and talents.
We are friendly and well behaved.
We follow the golden rules.
We are polite and well mannered.
We all work hard and try our best.
We care for the environment and it helps us to learn